Sunday, March 13, 2011

Montrose=home?

I can't believe I have been living in Montrose for almost 8 years!  Wow!  To be honest when I first moved here, I wanted to run away, run far away! 

So to accomplish this I was searching jobs, in other places in Colorado.  I decided I loved Colorado, but get me the heck out of Montrose.  I only ended up getting two interviews and did not get either job!  I cried and cried, when I found out I did not get either job.  I wanted out of Montrose, in a bad way! 

So I started the next school year, mad and sad because I thought I would never meet my husband living in Montrose Colorado and I HATED IT HERE!  Besides I had dated the five single men living in Montrose.  But thats a whole different story.

So I joked with my principal about hiring a single, and good looking male english teacher to fill the spot that they needed to fill.  Well to my surprise, he did!  Thank you!  A year later I ended marrying this new hot english teacher!  Another long story that will have to wait for another day. 

So after getting married, we both decided that still the grass was greener on the other side of the fence and we would always be searching the CDE website for jobs elsewhere in Colorado.  This lasted for about a year until we started telling people when they asked, that well we are here for now, Unless something better comes along!  So evenutually I stopped seeking jobs elsewhere! 

We met the Palms and many other great freinds through church, which we are still all freinds with now, we got involved in a home group, and had kids, and decided okay this place is not so bad!  Definatly helps to be married with kiddos.  I would never suggest living here SINGLE.

Now that I am not teaching and I have two kiddos, lots of freinds, and quite the little community here that feels like family to us, Montrose has become HOME!  I love my freinds!  I love attending Mops, I love our church!  I love that we are so close to Ouray (one of our favorite places!)  I started to grow my photography buisness!  Olivia has a cousin here. 

So the whole point to this post is this.  Dan comes home from school one day and tells me, I think we are going to have to MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I finally realize how much I love this place and my husband mentions the word "MOVE" 

Dan is currently seeking a principal position, which would allow me to stay home and be a stay at home mom and we would not have to struggle financially, well not as bad at least.  So the search begins for a principal job. 

Luckily for me the only way we would move is if we A. Got a job offer somewhere else.  and B. we sold the house.  Which I am not attached this house, I will gladly move to a new house in MONTROSE!  So now we pray that a principal job opens in Montrose, or close by, or pray that God puts us where ever we are supposed to be which I am hoping is right here! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Jayna! I am praying for you girl! I just cringed when I read your post. I know the feeling. I hope you get your hearts desire. And that I get mine & one day (SOON) get to be there again. Love you!