Monday, April 11, 2011

Focus up

Lately, I have been trying to keep my crazy mind from spinning out of control and wondering why there is so much to think about.  Well I think my focus has been a little off lately, okay maybe for a while,and maybe way off.  It occured to me why I might be getting a little overwhelmed with life...........I need to focus up.

Probably mostly from my own racing brain, and probably some from just life.  I am constantly thinking about if I am being a good enough mom and wife and if my kids are dressed good enough, and that I should do Olivia's hair and what I should wear to certain events and how much I should be playing with my kids, and what I should be teaching them.  Does this stress anyone else out............and what my house should be decorated like and what events my kids should be signed up for. 

Who is my audience and who should my audience be.  I know God does not focus on trivial stuff and I should have my focus be UP.  All this to say, I need to put my focus where it should be and maybe then I will not have so many worries, about not being able to always have my kiddos dressed to a t.  Not having the perfect everything! 

So today, I took pictures or my imperfect kids, because I know they are not perfect.  I took pics of Liv playing with her playdough, with her messy hair, and food on her face, and her clothes that are far from perfect.  Yes I want to dress my kids cute and would love to have money to do so and I do think it's important to have her look presentable, but this should not be my main focus and it should not consume me like it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God know's your heart and you have an awesome one! We love you Dad & Mom